“He’s got salt in his veins” – Lela Gilkes
In this episode of “Our Fishing Lives” I sat down with Cooper Gilkes in his home on Martha’s Vineyard.
We talked about memorable nights bass fishing the up-island beaches, the joy in helping new anglers, and his 40+ years of involvement overseeing the kids trout and saltwater Derby fishing tournaments. We talk about the changing fishery, his infamous Floating Sand Eel pattern and why it’s so deadly, the late nights, and early mornings. Just as importantly, how Coop knew at a young age that he always wanted to one day own his own tackle shop on the Vineyard, and the story of how It all came together.
Our Fishing Lives – Fly Fisherman, Author and Photographer, Ben Carmichael – Our Fishing Lives Podcast
- Our Fishing Lives – Fly Fisherman, Author and Photographer, Ben Carmichael
- Our Fishing Lives – Peter Kaminsky, angler, chef and author of "The Moon Pulled Up An Acre Of Bass"
- Our Fishing Lives Ep. 10 – Tom Rosenbauer, The Orvis Company; author, angler, photographer
- Our Fishing Lives – Capt. Brian Coombs of Get Tight Sportfishing
- Our Fishing Lives Ep. 8 – New York Times Bestselling Author & Flyfisherman; Monte Burke