“He’s got salt in his veins” – Lela Gilkes
In this episode of “Our Fishing Lives” I sat down with Cooper Gilkes in his home on Martha’s Vineyard.
We talked about memorable nights bass fishing the up-island beaches, the joy in helping new anglers, and his 40+ years of involvement overseeing the kids trout and saltwater Derby fishing tournaments. We talk about the changing fishery, his infamous Floating Sand Eel pattern and why it’s so deadly, the late nights, and early mornings. Just as importantly, how Coop knew at a young age that he always wanted to one day own his own tackle shop on the Vineyard, and the story of how It all came together.
Our Fishing Lives – Artist and Fly Fisherman; Derek DeYoung – Our Fishing Lives Podcast
- Our Fishing Lives – Artist and Fly Fisherman; Derek DeYoung
- Our Fishing Lives – Capt. Mike Roy; Reel Cast Charters
- Our Fishing Lives – Anthony DeiCicchi from On The Water Magazine
- Our Fishing Lives – Professional Photographer, Journalist and Fly Fisherman: James Joiner
- Our Fishing Lives – Capt. Joe Diorio