Our Fishing Lives – Fly Fisherman, Author and Photographer, Ben Carmichael – Our Fishing Lives Podcast
Ben Carmichael is a fly fishing writer and photographer. He is a senior contributor to The Drake, and his work has been published in Fly Fisherman, Chasing Silver, The Fly Fish Journal, Eastern Fly Fishing, Swing the Fly, The Atlantic Salmon Journal, The Boston Globe, On the Water, and more. He maintains a website called New England on the Fly and has edited a few books, including a few on Atlantic salmon. Ben has a background in environmental work; he currently serves on the board of the Miramichi Salmon Association (MSA), previously served on the Angler's Circle for the American Museum of Fly Fishing (AMFF), and has worked for environmental nonprofits, after getting a masters in environmental science. He grew up the son of a bamboo rod maker and vintage tackle dealer, chasing salmon in Canada, stripers in Maine, and trout in the Catskills. He currently lives in Carlisle, Mass, with a stream running through his backyard that he dreams of stocking with brook trout. We talk bamboo rods, the state of Fisheries management for Atlantic Salmon and Striped Bass. The growth of women in the sport. We also chat about music, writing, and Ben is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the Atlantic Salmon fishery which is a fascinating topic. An excellent interview with a great friend.
- Our Fishing Lives – Fly Fisherman, Author and Photographer, Ben Carmichael
- Our Fishing Lives – Peter Kaminsky, angler, chef and author of "The Moon Pulled Up An Acre Of Bass"
- Our Fishing Lives Ep. 10 – Tom Rosenbauer, The Orvis Company; author, angler, photographer
- Our Fishing Lives – Capt. Brian Coombs of Get Tight Sportfishing
- Our Fishing Lives Ep. 8 – New York Times Bestselling Author & Flyfisherman; Monte Burke