Ben Carmichael is a fly fishing writer and photographer. He is a senior contributor to The Drake, and his work has been published in Fly Fisherman, Chasing Silver, The Fly Fish Journal, Eastern Fly Fishing, Swing the Fly, The Atlantic Salmon Journal, The Boston Globe, On the Water, and more. He maintains a website called New England on the Fly and has edited a few books, including a few on Atlantic salmon. Ben has a background in environmental work; he currently serves on the board of the Miramichi Salmon Association (MSA), previously served on the Angler’s Circle for the American Museum of Fly Fishing (AMFF), and has worked for environmental nonprofits, after getting a masters in environmental science. He grew up the son of a bamboo rod maker and vintage tackle dealer, chasing salmon in Canada, stripers in Maine, and trout in the Catskills. He currently lives in Carlisle, Mass, with a stream running through his backyard that he dreams of stocking with brook trout.
Our Fishing Lives – Artist and Fly Fisherman; Derek DeYoung – Our Fishing Lives Podcast
- Our Fishing Lives – Artist and Fly Fisherman; Derek DeYoung
- Our Fishing Lives – Capt. Mike Roy; Reel Cast Charters
- Our Fishing Lives – Anthony DeiCicchi from On The Water Magazine
- Our Fishing Lives – Professional Photographer, Journalist and Fly Fisherman: James Joiner
- Our Fishing Lives – Capt. Joe Diorio